Job Vacancy: Human Resources and Admin Support Officer
About WHRDMENA Coalition:
WHRDMENA Coalition is a membership-based coalition of organizations and women human rights defenders engaging with and defending a spectrum of rights and struggles in MENA. The Coalition works through different tracks such as advocacy, digital security, documentation, knowledge production and dissemination to highlight and amplify the work of Women Human Rights Defenders in MENA.
About the position
This position maintains a high degree of confidentiality and a strong work quality focus. The key roles are to manage all staff data including information on contracts and other related data and support the coalition in establishing clear processes and policies on: Recruitment, Orientation and performance management, staff support and partner relationships. The candidate must provide excellent responses to work demands, demonstrate initiative, take ownership of responsibilities, and complete projects with positive results. We are looking for a colleague that can lead these processes with having the WHRDMENA Coalition’s vision and mission in mind. This is a remote position.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
the HR support will be responsible for developing and maintaining policies related to coalition’s staff and partners, and it includes administrative tasks as well, they mainly include:
- Managing all documentation related to the administration of staff contracts, benefits and maintaining adequate records of all correspondence.
- Developing systems for the coalitions that suit our way of working: feminist and healthy work environment
- Preparing offer letters and contracts for new staff.
- Maintaining a database and monitoring expiry dates of all staff contracts and renew as and when necessary; The HR Officer demonstrates initiative, takes ownership of responsibilities, and completes projects with positive results.
- Monitoring staff absence and leave and ensure the filing of appropriate documentation,
- Receiving the recruitment requisition, prepare appropriate vacancy for both internal and external announcement Prepare HR monthly reports and submit to Regional Coordinator and yearly to board and General Assembly. Compile and assist with the shortlist of the candidates and invite short listed candidates for interviews.
- preparing interview summaries after each interview.
- Participating in Interviews as and when necessary.
- PreparingPayroll and other adjustments to payroll accordingly and share with the accountant and/or finance officer.
- Ensuring the implementation of identified staff training, development activities and process staff development requests.
- Managing the process of employee orientation activities and ensure that all employees are thoroughly oriented with our work, values and code of conduct.
- Handling the petty cash, and daily transactions, e-payments
- Corresponding with banks and financial agencies
- Suggesting policies for governance committee within the Coalition
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience as an HR Administrator, HR Assistant.
- Excellent command of Excel
- Bachelor in Human Resouces and management OR its equivalence in experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects
- Background in Activism, and/or community organizing.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English is a must
- 2 references
To apply please submit with your CV, a cover letter addressing the following questions, by 1 July 2021 to email@example.com:
- Why is HR and administrative tasks important to any organisation? And How do you see your role as an HR and Admin Support in a regional entity?